Long Service Awards
The NSFM Long Service Awards offers recognition beginning with those who have served on Council for a minimum of 10 years.
NSFM's Carbon Surcharge Fund Award
In 2012, NSFM's Board of Directors passed a motion to add a $5 carbon surcharge fee to its conference registrations to mitigate the greenhouse gas emissions generated from hosting these events, as well as on its expense claims for staff and committee members to offset travel. This Carbon Surcharge Fund is collected in a special account and disbursed annually at its Fall Conference to support local, small-scale initiatives that help our municipalities reduce their energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. Learn more about the award and past recipients at the Carbon Surcharge Fund Award
- pdf 2023 Carbon Surcharge Fund Announcement and Guidelines (163 KB)
- 2023 Carbon Surcharge Fund Application Form
- pdf 2023 Carbon Surcharge Fund Sample Evaluation Criteria and Sample Evaluation Form (160 KB)
NSFM's Climate Change Leaders Award
NSFM’s Climate Change Leaders Award honours municipalities that have demonstrated exemplary leadership in climate change adaption and/or mitigation through the implementation of initiatives and the creation of awareness. The objectives of the award program are to celebrate successes, encourage continuous action towards climate change adaptation and mitigation, support the implementation of strategies from Municipal Climate Change Action Plans, and support collaborative efforts and the sharing of information among municipalities. The Climate Change Leaders Award is presented annually at NSFM’s Fall Conference. Learn more about the award and past recipients at the Climate Change Leaders Award.
- pdf 2023 Climate Change Leaders Award Announcement and Guidelines (859 KB)
- 2023 Climate Change Leaders Award Application Form
- pdf 2023 Climate Change Leaders Award Sample Evaluation Criteria and Sample Evaluation Form (159 KB)
For further information regarding any of NSFM's awards, please contact NSFM.