Town of Truro
• Beginning March 25th, 2020, there will be no collection of blue bag recyclables as the Colchester Recycling Depot will be closed until further notice.
• All parks, playgrounds, sports fields/courts, and trails that are under ownership of the Town of Truro are closed until further notice.
• All standard essential services of the municipality – including the Truro Fire Service, Truro Police Service, and the Town of Truro Public Works Department, are all operational and adhering to the most updated guidance and precautions from the Province and health officials.
• Town Hall will be closed to the public effective 4:30 PM March 17, 2020 until further notice. This change is outlined on all social media channels. Signs are also placed at each entrance to provide updated information. Phone lines will continue to be open.
• Additional restrictions are also be put in place at the Truro Police Station to prevent individuals from entering the lobby area unless they have been cleared to do so.
• There is very limited access to the Truro Police Service building, Truro Fire Service building, Douglas Street Recreation Centre, Truro Public Works facility, and the Colchester Legion Stadium. Access will only be granted in limited circumstances.
• The Town of Truro will be extending the deadline for the renewal of Taxi licenses from April 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020.