FCM has updated the funding streams for the Green Municipal Fund. The new streams are:
- Sustainable Municipal Buildings: Funding for high-efficiency new construction of municipal and community buildings, and retrofits of municipal buildings.
- Community Energy Systems: Support for the adoption of renewable energy solutions that meet community needs and are aligned with a net-zero future.
- Municipal Fleet Electrification: Funding for the electrification of municipal and transit fleets to help municipalities achieve net-zero transportation emissions.
- Organic Waste to Energy: Support for communities with established waste diversion programs to generate renewable energy from organic waste streams or landfill gas.
- Local Net-Zero Transformation: Funding for innovative projects that have significant GHG reduction benefits and are not eligible under other GMF funding offers.
You can read the press release here.