Coronavirus Disease - COVID-19
*Provincial State of Emergency*
On March 22, the Province of Nova Scotia declared a state of emergency to help contain the spread of COVID-19. The state of emergency was renewed on April 2 and extended to noon on April 19, 2020.
NSFM has cancelled spring regional meetings around the province and the May conference in Sydney: Read the advisory.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about which businesses are exempt from the five-person rule, or are considered essential? Find the answers here in this Q&A by the Department of Municipal Affairs.
Current Status in Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia has 262 positive test results. The 262 individuals affected range in age from under ten to over 90. Most are connected to travel or a known case and there is now one case connected to community transmission.
- There are 11 Coronavirus test centres around the province, you can find them here
- Call 811, speak to a registered nurse and make an appointment before going to a centre
- Use the self assessment tool on the 811 website to know when to call
- We will share regular updates to keep municipalities up to date
Notices and Closures
To find the latest and most recent notices and closures please click here.
Do you have questions about COVID-19?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that can cause respiratory diseases. COVID-19 is a unique strain first identified in Wuhan, China. Symptoms range from mild cold-like symptoms to severe illness with fever, cough, difficulty breathing, and pneumonia. For more information, check out this comprehensive Fact Sheet compiled by AMA Municipal Wellness Coordinator Rebecca Kolstee.
Provincial and national links
Contact numbers and emails
Public Health Agency of Canada for COVID-19 information: 1-833-784-4397
Or email directly Public Health Agency of Canada
Concerned about your health? Call 8-1-1 to talk to a registered nurse around the clock, seven days a week.
Call 2-1-1 or access the 211 Website to find programs offered by local community groups, non-profits and government departments.
Concerned about your trip coverage under NSFM's program through Medavie Blue Cross?
World Health Organization
The specialized agency of the United Nations focused on world public health provides several information videos on its website. Find out more at WHO.
Thanks to NSFM member Halifax Regional Municipality for providing select links for this page.