Councillor Family Assistance Program
As of September 18th all NSFM elected officials will now have access to the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provided by Shepell.fgi.
The EFAP is a voluntary, confidential, short-term counselling and advisory service that connects individuals and their immediate family members to a network of dedicated counseling professionals who are available to provide assistance 24 hours a day. There is no cost to you and your family to access any of the services. Counselling Services You can access the EFAP for support with a variety of personal or work-related problems. This may include:
- Relationship Issues
- Mental or Emotional Health Challenges
- Life Transitions
- Career-Related concerns;
Work/Life Services Your EFAP also offers a number of professional consultation and information services, which address a more specialized range of concerns. This range of services includes:
- Family Support Services: Helps with issues faced throughout an individual’s family and personal life.
- Financial Support Services: Take control of your financial future with advice from financial experts.
- Legal Support Services: Confidential consultations that will help provide information and clarification concerning how the law applies to a specific situation.
- Nutrition Support Services: Achieve your nutrition goals with help from a Registered Dietician.
- Naturopathic Services: Natural and holistic approach to the maintenance of good health.
Shepell•fgi’s master’s level, experienced counsellors provide support in person, over the telephone, online via e-counselling, & video counselling.
To access the EFAP, contact Shepell.fgi, toll free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1 800-387-4765 or online at workhealthlife.com
For more information, download the pdf Employee and Family Assistance Program (682 KB) .
Employee and Family Assistance Program Brochure