Cape Breton Regional Municipality
• For the next 90 days, CBRM is postponing tax sale procedure and disconnection of water utility customers for nonpayment.
• Cape Breton Transit continues to operate this week, however, seating is limited and schedules have been reduced. CB Transit is now limiting the number of patrons on regular service as well as handi-trans to meet social distancing requirements. This may result in delays and increased waiting periods. Sunday service is cancelled until further notice.
• All solid waste management sites will be closed to the general public as of March 24, 2020 until further notice. Only current registered IC&I users and vehicles carrying out CBRM curbside collection will have access to the sites.
• CBRM’s Heavy Garbage Collection has been postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
• Deadline for applications for Municipal Grants for Festivals and Events has been extended to April 30.
• Public Openings for Closing Tenders and bid solicitations will be restricted to municipal staff only, with summaries of bid submissions posted on the Provincial Portal.
• Tax Sale scheduled for March 26 is postponed to June.
• CBRM Planning & Development will now be accepting Building/Development Permits and Subdivision applications by email